Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Saturday 24 November 2007

oh dear eh

When love was youthful it came my way,
But I had not the time to play.
I sent it skipping down the street,
And love and it's laughter beat a hasty retreat.

Love tried to enter but I didn't relent.
I said, "Go away!", and away it went.
Love came again and knocked on my door.
I did not answer.....so it tried no more.

Even though my life went well,
Love did not come again to dwell.
Not in my life or in my shell,
I had really shunned it well.

As I sit alone in the dark of the night,
Memories of the past take flight.
And if the true story were to be told
Oh, love how I'd welcome you
Now that I'm old.

No comments: