Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Sunday 18 November 2007

im so thick eh

A night alone, just me and the remote.
A new 55-inch big screen,
Yes, my friends they would gloat.
HDTV ready, twenty speakers with Dolby sound.
Careful with the volume,
So I won't knock the walls down 600 channels,
that is what the installer promised me.
Then he hooked up the cable and satellite to my TV.
Now for the big moment, a push of the power button.
I sat patiently, but alas no picture or sound 'there was nothing!
I ran to the TV, to see what had gone wrong.
I checked all the cables.
'What the heck is going on?'
Angry, upset, sitting on the floor looking down,
The desire struck me to throw the lot around.
Taking a deep breath, I mumbled'
'Your not going to win!'
But looking over the mess' where do I begin?
Putting everything back, starting with the TV,
Soon the real problem became apparent to me.
From behind the couch was a cable, black and thin.
It was the extension cord...and it wasn't even plugged in.

No comments: